Work Authorization


Work Authorization

All employers in the United States are required to ensure that their workers are legally allowed to work here. Many employees do this by presenting a Social Security Card or other proof of their citizenship. Non-citizens need another official form of documentation. This documentation is called an Employment Authorization Document. If you are not a citizen, but you want to work in America, then you’ll need the assistance of a Miami work authorization lawyer. Estrella Immigration has attorneys who can help you with the process.

The Employment Authorization Document may be referred to as an EAD or an I-765. Actually, I-765 refers to the application form that must be filed in order to be considered to receive an EAD. An issued EAD is similar in size and appearance to a credit card. It contains a great deal of personal information about the holder. These data include the holder’s:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Immigration category
  • Expiration date of the EAD
  • Alien registration number
  • Identification photo

It is never legal to deface or alter an EAD. Someone who does so or who tries to use an expired or otherwise invalid EAD may face legal charges.

Many immigrants meet the basic eligibility requirements of a U.S. work authorization. In fact, approximately 40 immigration categories may apply for a card. Like other processes that involve immigration to the U.S., it makes sense to work with an attorney to determine whether or not you are eligible to receive an Employment Authorization Document.

Not only can your lawyer help you find out if you meet the basic requirements, but also he can help you along every step of the process. Like everything related to immigration in the U.S., the process for obtaining authorization to work in America is complicated. It also can take a lot of time. Delays in obtaining your EAD can be stressful and may prevent you from finding employment.

This is why it is vital to work with an experienced work authorization lawyer in Miami. At Estrella Immigration, our attorneys have already helped many immigrants find a way to legally work in the U.S. We also help with other aspects of immigration like Green Cards and naturalization. Because we are familiar with the paperwork and the process of getting an Employment Authorization Document, our clients avoid many of the most common problems, which allows them to start working legally.

EADs do expire, but they can be renewed. Estrella Immigration also helps applicants to get through the renewal process with ease. Similarly, we assist clients with obtaining replacement EADs when they lose their card or getting an interim EAD when there are delays in the process.

Schedule a consultation with a Miami work authorization attorney today. Estrella Immigration has experienced lawyers who can put you on the right track to legal employment.


Contact us! We promise we can help you! Call Now! (305) 503-4124