Citizenship and Naturalization
The dream of a United States citizenship is one that many immigrants share. The road to obtaining this dream is not an easy one. Often, a great deal of time and expense are required to achieve the goal. Having a knowledgeable citizenship and naturalization attorney at your side throughout the process can make it easier.
Estrella Immigration has attorneys who are experienced at helping immigrants become naturalized citizens of the U.S. They understand the process inside and out, which gives them insight that other immigration lawyers simply do not have. With their help, dozens of immigrants have become American citizens, and you may be able to realize the same dream.
The path to naturalization has many obstacles. Forms must be properly filled out and filed by strict deadlines. Any failure to comply with these requirements may set back your efforts for months or years. In the worst cases, some people have failed to become citizens.
Outcomes tend to be more positive when an immigration law firm like Estrella Immigration is on the case. Their knowledge of the citizenship and naturalization process makes them the ideal ally for immigrants who want to become citizens.
The first step toward citizenship is fulfilling all of the basic requirements. These include:
- You are at least 18 years old, except in cases where you were adopted by a U.S. citizen
- That you can read, write and speak English
- You have been living lawfully in the U.S. for a minimum of five years
- You can demonstrate your knowledge of U.S. history and the government
- You hold a favorable opinion of the U.S.
- You have a good moral character
If you meet all of these qualifications, then you will probably be able to become an American citizen. However, the process still may be a difficult one. Most people find the effort worthwhile because of the advantages of citizenship. Here are a few of the advantages to consider:
- You can travel freely within the U.S.
- You can travel to other countries without limitations on a U.S. passport
- The ability to sponsor foreign relatives to immigrate to the U.S.
- You will enjoy enhanced job opportunities
- You can vote in local, state and federal elections
- You may serve on a jury
Having an attorney is not mandatory to the naturalization process. Nonetheless, there are distinct advantages to working with an experienced immigration lawyer. You can only benefit from having the advice of someone who knows the process because they have helped dozens of other people obtain citizenship. You’ll avoid many of the most common problems, and you will feel far less stress when you know you are receiving reliable advice and guidance.
Contact Estrella Immigration today to learn more about the citizenship and naturalization process. The sooner you begin, the sooner you may become a U.S. citizen.